If you are looking to get the best dog Frisbee on the market today, you should consider getting one that’s flexible, durable, and indestructible.
I know there are dozen of choices out there, so I did the hard part and tried them all to narrow down your options to the Top 10 dog frisbees in 2022.
These frisbees can be an absolute joy to you and your furry friend. They are great toys for exercising, and the material used on the frisbee should also make it easy and safe for your dog to catch and hold onto.
In this guide, I’ll walk you through my top picks for the best dog frisbees on the market and why you should go for any of these high-quality dog frisbees.
Our Top Picks
- Chuckit! Paraflight – The best dog frisbee
- West Paw Zogoflex Zisc – Toughest flying disc
- Hyperflite Jawz Ultra-Tough – Best hard frisbee
- Hyperflite Jawz Disc – Best glow in the dark frisbee
- Flyer Dog Toy by Flyber – Cheapest dog frisbee
- Ruffwear Hydro Plane – Best soft dog frisbee
Check out our comparison below to make choosing the best toy as easy as possible.
Quick Comparison of the Best Dog Frisbee of 2022
|Chuckit! Paraflight||4 ounces||Check Price|
|West Paw Zogoflex Zisc||3.88 Ounces||Check Price|
|Hyperflite - Jawz Ultra-Tough||4.8 ounces||Check Price|
|Hyperflite Jawz Disc||4.8 Ounces||Check Price|
|Flyer Dog Toy by Flyber||0.6 ounces||Check Price|
|Ruffwear – Hydro Plane||4 ounces||Check Price|
|Rubber Catcher Toy by Legendog||14.9 ounces||Check Price|
|Zogoflex Air Dash Durable Dog Frisbee||9.5 ounces||Check Price|
|KONG Flyer||8.2 ounces||Check Price|
|Squeaky Rubber Dog Flying Disc||5.1 Ounce||Check Price|
Reviews of the Best Dog Frisbee of 2022
My top 10 frisbees are based on my personal tests, customer reviews, ratings, and overall performance. Take a moment to go through the list to save yourself a ton of time and money.
1. Chuckit! Paraflight – The Best Dog Frisbee
Chuckit is the first on my list for many reasons. It was a 10/10 in our book, and my dog loved it!
It’s easy to throw, and it will cover a ton of distance while making a beautiful arc. This makes it easy for your dog to catch it before touching the ground.
And guess what. If you decide to play at night or at the crack of dawn (when there is no light), it’s perfect because it glows in the dark. It also floats! So no more worrying about your frisbee sinking to the bottom of the pool when having fun with your pup.
- Flies well in the air while making a gentle arc.
- They are designed to descend during flight gradually.
- It is made of a soft and flexible material (polyester).
- Its high-quality photoluminescent material makes it safe for you and your dog.
- It glows in the dark, making it easy to find for you and your pet.
- It weighs 136 grams which is an ideal weight for throwing and catching.
- Soft polyester makes it a super safe dog frisbee.
- An excellent choice for young and old dogs and has a great throwing arc.
- It glows in the dark, making it perfect for playing fetch at night.
- It is a highly lightweight frisbee
2. West Paw Zogoflex Zisc – One Tough Flying Disc
The Zisc dog frisbee by West Paw is another GREAT option if you are looking for that perfect dog toy. I found that some of the best features of this frisbee were its gentleness in my hands and softness on the dog’s mouth, all while flying like a heavy frisbee.
The frisbee is made of a soft material that’s puncture-resistant, very durable, and extremely easy to throw both short and long distances. It’s also lightweight, so it can easily float on the water.
Its ability to glow at night also caught my dog’s attention. We both loved it because it glows more than most of its competitors.
This has been one of my dog favorites for quite a long time now in terms of durability. This is one of the very few that are 100% guaranteed against all types of impact.
- It glows very brightly in the dark, making it easy to play with your dog at night time.
- West Paw gives a 100% guarantee against the damages caused by your dog.
- It is non-toxic and safe for your pet’s mouth.
- Flies very smoothly over long distances.
- Available in two sizes.
- World’s best glow-in-the-dark Frisbee.
- its a floating dog frisbee
- Excellent outer ring.
- Visible in snow, water, grass, etc.
- One of the best puncture-resistant frisbees on the market.
- A bit heavier than I liked.
- It might be a bit expensive for your budget.
3. Hyperflite – Jawz Ultra-Tough
The Hyperflite – Jawz Ultra-Tough, Puncture Resistant Disc will be one of my favorites because of its competitive nature. It gets my dogs excited every single time.
The frisbee features aerodynamic, hi-tech polymers and a patented gripping surface that make it a professional dog Frisbee for World Frisbee championships.
It’s a fantastic, high-quality dog frisbee that is very hard to puncture. However, to throw this flyer, you need to put some energy in, and it will fly very long distances as intended.
In regular play, competition, training, or practice, the Jawz discs remain incredibly durable and have never let me down.
Generally, I refer to the Jawz as the best hard frisbee for your dog. So, If you are a skilled thrower (you can become one by doing some practice), you can make excellent record throws with the frisbee. Highly recommended!
- If thrown correctly, it can cover a very long distance.
- It is aerodynamic, which helps it remain in the air for a long time.
- Hyperflite – Jawz Ultra-Tough is made of high-quality polymers.
- The surface provides good gripping and makes it easy to throw with full power.
- It weighs almost 145 Grams or 5.1 Ounces
- Suitable for making the long arcs
- It is air resistant, meaning you can play in any weather.
- Highly competitive and a standard frisbee for world championships
- It can resist teeth marks and dents for a long time.
- Highly durable and can float over water effortlessly.
- Not a chew toy.
- For a long arc, you need to throw it with some force.
4. Hyperflite Jawz Disc
This frisbee glows in the dark, making it easy to play with your pup in the evening or early morning when there is still some darkness.
Mostly lightweight dog discs are not very durable, but this dog toy performs incredibly. Although it doesn’t fly as far as Hyperflite – Jawz Ultra-Tough, it flies much better than others on this list. Its weight of 0.6 ounces is also quite impressive.
You will not find any kind of teeth marks or dents on it; however, it’s not to be used as a replacement for chew toys.
- Capable of covering a very long distance.
- Durable and puncture-resistant.
- Simple and easy to through due to balanced weight.
- Eye-catching colors can be recognized by your pet.
- It glows in the dark means you can see it in the dark.
- Highly Durable and flexible
- Stays in the air for a long time and flies very high.
- No chance to hurt your dog at all.
- Your dog with tear it apart if you let him do so (it’s a soft Frisbee).
- It’s not for chewing
5. Flyer Dog Toy by Flyber
Flyber is a relatively new brand of Dog-Discs, but I found it really impressive. It is made of a very soft rubber-type material, making it easy for a young pup to play with it. And its design is also very cool, making it an attractive frisbee.
The soft dog frisbee weighs 114 grams or 4 Ounces which is the average weight for a Frisbee. So, it can make a high arc and fall down gradually even if it is not thrown very well.
I consider this one of the best soft frisbees for dogs because it can withstand your lovely pup chewing it. However, you will see the teeth marks if you let your dog chew it for a long time.
- The design is really unique and attractive.
- The material used in making the frisbee is neither harmful chemically nor biologically.
- The weight of this Flier is just 114 grams.
- It is uniquely soft and harmless.
- Chew resistant
- It floats very well on water.
- Due to its soft nature, it will be safe for your dog’s mouth.
- Great for dogs of all sizes.
- Durable and flexible.
- It is not for professional frisbee players.
- It is available only in light Green color
6. Ruffwear – Hydro Plane
The Hydro Plane is perfect for dogs who love to splash around in the pool or lake. It’s durable and lightweight, and it has reflective taping and D-rings for added safety.
This is a perfect choice for dog owners who want a very durable Frisbee that can bear the sharp teeth of their dogs. The hydroplane floating disc comprises abrasion-resistant materials that are FDA approved, which means your pet is 100% safe.
I also loved the outer foamed surface that can protect your dog’s mouth from injuries while keeping its shape when he releases it.
In terms of design, it has a hole in its center which sadly limits the flying distance compared to other top frisbees. However, it can still cover an excellent distance flying in the air. And is also very easy to throw due to its lighter weight.
This is an excellent frisbee for all weather conditions and is available in different colors. However, if you will be using it in snow or water, you should go for the red color for enhanced visibility.
- Highly durable and Soft
- Easy to throw and safe for your dog’s mouth
- High-quality material.
- FDA approved.
- Super soft and flexible.
- Easy to track colors.
- Not suitable for chewing.
- It can be too large for your dog
7. Rubber Catcher Toy by Legendog
This Dog flyer by Legendog is made with very soft and comfortable material that your dog can hold in his mouth with great comfort and ease. And I absolutely love its unique and distinct design! It comes in the set of two discs (a parrot and orange color and the other disc is a pink and sky blue color)
We are all concerned about the safety of our dogs while they play Frisbee, and this brand addresses that. The soft rubber frisbee is a purely natural material that is non-toxic.
- Made with pure, non-toxic plastic material.
- It has an elastic feel that makes it even more durable than any other dog toy of this kind.
- Safe for your dog’s mouth
- Legend dog flying discs can make long throws at dog frisbee competitions.
- Made of pure nontoxic material.
- Can make some of the longest throws.
- Perfect size, neither too small nor large.
- Floats in the water.
- Not for chewing purposes
- Doesn’t glow in the dark.
- Large dogs with sharp teeth can make holes in them.
8. Zogoflex Air Dash Durable Dog Frisbee
West Paw is not just on my list of best dog frisbees for being a reputable dog product brand. Its dogoflex frisbee comes with a great design and comfort and is non-toxic.
The aerodynamic design also makes it handy and easy to throw in the air. however, due to the hole in the center, it doesn’t make too many large arcs
If you have puppies, the hole is probably not such a bad feature because it makes it easier for puppies to pick it up from the ground. The frisbee is available in multiple colors and is suitable for all terrains, especially on grass, snow, and water.
Also, For safety, Zogoflex is covered with a soft foam that protects the dog’s mouth from injuries and gives a smooth feel to the owner. This is the ultimate dog frisbee for all types of dogs.
- The center hole design makes it easy for the puppies to lift it from the ground.
- It is FDA, and B Corporation certified.
- It’s available in different colors, allowing you to use it on all terrains (water, grass, and snow)
- It has a durable outer smooth shell to keep your pet’s mouth safe from injuries and the frisbee from scratches.
- Aerodynamic dog flying disc.
- Suitable for training new dogs.
- Easy to lift from the ground.
- Available in multiple colors.
- Made in the USA.
- 8 inches size is a bit large.
- A bit heavy as compared to other hard dog Frisbees.
9. KONG Flyer Dog Toy
KONG Flyer Dog Frisbee is the top-selling Dog-Disc on Amazon, with almost 2,400 happy customers reviews. However, this is not for chewing like most other dog flyers. It is made of a unique soft material that is thick but flexible and durable.
The weight of this Frisbee is higher than others, but when you see it flying, you will be amazed because it has a balanced flight and covers a vast distance.
I mainly liked it because you can also use the frisbee when the wind speed is very high; it will not change its path while flying.
- KONG Flyer is the most sought after best dog Frisbee
- It is flexible and made with unique soft material.
- It weighs 7.3 ounces which are really impressive.
- If thrown correctly, it can cover a record distance.
- Simple design with eye-catching colors.
- Durable and flexible.
- Indestructible dog frisbee.
- It cannot float on water easily.
- You have to throw this with some power.
10. Squeaky Rubber Dog Flying Disc
Squeaky Rubber dog flying disc is another unique designed hard dog Frisbee for dogs. Its Thermo-Plastic-Rubber makes it extremely good for aggressive chewers.
The weight of this Frisbee is also very reasonable, which makes it perfect for all types of dogs. It is lightweight it can give your dog a balanced flight.
While the color scheme is dark enough that your doggy can find this Frisbee in the snow, water, or another surface.
Most people think its design makes it difficult to float; however, that is false. It’s a perfect dog toy for playing fetch on the beach or in your pool. Another great feature I love is the squeaky sound it produces. This attracts your furry friend and can make the frisbee quickly become its best friend.
- The handled design makes it easy to pick up from the ground.
- Very visible colors that make it easy for your pup to see
- Produces sounds that keep your pet busy playing with it.
- Made with very sturdy and durable materials
- Durable and puncture-resistant.
- Floats on water.
- Attractive colors.
- Not great for small dogs.
- A bit heavier.
Characteristics of an Excellent Frisbee
To choose the best frisbee for dogs, you need to learn a little bit about them because thousands of flying discs are available on the market. However, almost all of these Dog Frisbees are different from one another with respect to their weight, design, size, and performance.
Here are some characteristics to take note of;
- A Good Frisbee is easy to throw and will have a balanced flight: You must be able to throw the flying disc with ease, and it must be able to travel well in the air so that your pup can catch it easily.
- Comfortable and gripped with ease: Choosing a flying disc that your pet can catch easily is a good idea.
- Strength: Your dog frisbee must be strong enough to bear the wear and tear made by you and your pet. If you choose an excellent Frisbee for your dog, then it will be able to withstand all impact and will also last longer.
- Soft and flexible: Soft and Flexible throwing discs are more durable and float effortlessly on the water.
- The colors of the flier also matter: They must be visible in bright sunshine to your pet, and of course, you should get a frisbee that glows in the dark.
- Weight is essential: Lightweight Flying Discs are best because they are easy to catch and cover an average distance. The weight of an excellent dog Frisbee is not more than 200 grams, but the ideal and the recommended weight is up to 120 Grams.
Things to Consider While Purchasing a Dog Frisbee
Before deciding what frisbee to finally buy, there are a few essential things that you must consider for choosing the best dog Frisbee for your dog.
Dog Frisbees are available in multiple materials like hard plastic, soft rubber, or some sort of fabric, so the first thing you need to consider is choosing the suitable material based on the breed and size of your dog.
For example, if you have a large dog with sharp teeth, then consider buying a hard plastic dog Frisbee. They can bear the pressure of the dog’s teeth, and your frisbee will last much longer.
Frisbee’s size is important, especially if you are just starting out playing Frisbee with your furry. A large-sized Frisbee will not be suitable for young dogs because it may harm them, while your large dog may tear off a small frisbee in just one catch.
Dogs don’t mind what color of Frisbee you are using because dogs can’t distinguish between colors much. However, darker colors are probably more suitable for their eye spectrum.
Easy to Through:
The disc should be easy to throw; this means the construction of your Frisbee should be aerodynamic so that it can fly well when a small force is applied.
Should Be Grip Friendly:
A Frisbee that slips from your hand or from your pet’s mouth will be a headache, so Frisbee should be easy to grip.
Types of Dog Frisbees
Mainly the best dog frisbees are divided into two main categories;
- Soft Frisbee
- Hard Frisbee
Below I have written each of these categories in full detail, along with their pros and cons, which will help you understand which Flying Disc is suitable for your pet.
➙ Hard Frisbee
Hard Dogs Discs usually are made of hard plastic, which is not flexible material. However, they keep their shape all the time. Hard Frisbees are also used to play the Ultimate game on beaches and school grounds.
- Hard Discs are the best for covering a long distance.
- The air doesn’t affect the flyer, making your dog’s disc balanced while in the air.
- If your dog is very active and can run very fast, you will enjoy playing with it.
- Hard Frisbees can be harmful to your dog while it tries to snatch it from the air. This may result in dental damages; this mostly happens with small puppies.
- Hard Frisbee covers a significant distance, and if your dog is not an active runner, it can miss it very often.
➙ Soft Frisbee
Soft Dog Disc is very much flexible and can easily be bent. They will change their shape when force is applied. However, these dog discs return to their original form when the pressure is removed. They are usually made of Rubber, Nylon, Plastic, and other semi-rigid materials.
- They are the safest frisbees for your dog’s mouth.
- Soft Fliers are well suited for water activities
- They are flexible and durable
- These discs don’t weigh much, so they can’t fly too far.
Which One Should You Choose?
You may think about which Dog Disc is suitable for your dog. Should you go with Soft or Hard?
I understand your confusion, but I’m here to help you make the best decision. If you and your dog are ready to play fetch regularly, you should go with a hard one because they are a lot more durable.
However, if your plan is to train your dog, a soft frisbee might be better. But keep in mind that these discs don’t fly too far.
If you are still yet to decide, then weigh the pros and cons according to your dog’s characteristics and make the right decision. Let me know in the comments what frisbee you are most likely to buy